Whether it’s a quirky dress; a laid back outfit; or something colourful; we love an unconventional bridal outfit here at Frock Goddess.
We’ve complied a list of some of our favourite celebrity bridal looks that are anything but traditional. We go back in this list from the most recent wedding to the 1930s.
1) We love this stylish short white Dior dress that Lily Allen wore when marrying David Harbour in September 2020.
2) Amal Clooney looks effortlessly stunning in her Stella McCartney cream trouser suit in her civil ceremony with George Clooney in September 2014
3) Salange Knowles wore a striking jump suit with attached cape for her wedding to Alan Ferguson in 2014.
4) We love the bohemian vibe of this dress worn by Poppy Delevingne for her marriage to James Cook in May 2014. The dress was designed by Karl Lagerfield.
5) Keira Knightly looks fabulous in this knee length pre worn Chanel dress for her wedding with James Righton in 2013.
6) Nancy Shevell went super classic in her knee length, long sleeve Stella McCartney dress for her marriage to Paul McCartney in 2011.
7) Lara Stone donned perhaps the most unconventional dress on this list during her wedding to David Walliams in 2010. She wore a gold mini dress by Riccardo Tisci for Givenchy.
8) Ellen DeGeneres opted for trousers for her marriage to Portia de Rossi for their wedding in 2008
9) We love this ombre gown worn by Gwen Stefani in her wedding to Gavin Rossendale in 2002. The gown was created for her by John Galliano for Dior. After the wedding she donated the gown to the Victoria & Albert museum in London.
10) Sarah Jessica Parker went for a black gown when she married Matthew Broderick in 1997. Apparently, part of the reason for this is that she didn’t want to alert the press of her forthcoming wedding by buying a white gown!
11) Diana Ross looks stunning in her gown and unusual veil when she married Arne Naess Jnr in 1985
12) Bianca Jagger married Mick Jagger in St Tropez in 1971 wearing a gorgeous Yves Saint Laurent white skirt suit and wide brim hat.
13) Yoko Ono and John Lennon married in 1969. She wore a fabulous white mini dress paired with very unconventional footwear of knee-high socks and pumps!
14) Another classic 60s dress. Racquel Welch wore this short white dress during her wedding with Patrick Curtis in 1967.
15) Going for colour, Elizabeth Taylor wore a knee length forest green dress during her marriage to her fourth husband, Eddie Fisher in 1959.
16) Ava Gardner wore a classic 50s look during her wedding to Frank Sinatra in 1951.
17) Bucking convention in more ways than one, Wallis Simpson wears a stunning 1930 cocktail style dress when marrying Edward Duke of Windsor in 1937. It was apparently created in blue to match her eyes.
Inspired by these looks? Take a look at some of these dresses and separates at Frock Goddess. We like to do things a little differently!
1960s Short Dress